KEALA BIKINIS Fit Guide | Best Swim & Activewear for Small Boobs
Bikini shopping can be stressful. Whether it’s poor-fitting tops, not enough (or too much) coverage, painful underwire and more, it can be difficult to find the right fit for your body. Layer in the added task of finding a bathing suit that not only fits, but accentuates a small bust, and you’re up for quite a challenge. That’s where KE’ALA BIKINIS steps in.
Inspired by the difficulty that the brand’s founder and designer, Natalie Mar, faced when searching for flattering swimsuits to fit her smaller frame and chest, KE’ALA BIKINIS are made especially with small-busted women in mind. As an answer to the common frustrations and tribulations faced when bathing suit shopping, each piece is hand-designed to empower women to feel beautiful in their bodies and to help you find the perfect fitting bikini.
Read on to learn more about the common problems that small-busted women face when searching for the perfect bikini, and how KE’ALA BIKINIS are designed to address these issues and change the game for small-busted swimsuit shoppers everywhere.
The problem: The underwire is cutting in
Why this happens: Underwire is designed to support large busts. Properly-fitting underwire works to distribute the weight of the breast and offer a supportive lift. But for women with smaller busts, that support and weight distribution isn’t as imperative - and it can be much more comfortable to go without underwire at all. In fact, the best swimsuits for smaller busts are actually designed to provide ample support without any underwire.
The KE’ALA BIKINIS fit: KE’ALA BIKINIS knows just how uncomfortable - and even painful - it can be to have underwire sitting on your ribs, or poking out at the sides into your chest and underarms. That’s why our bikinis are designed to be underwire-free. So whether you’re an AA cup, a C cup, or any cup size in between, each and every one of our pieces is designed to help you find the perfect fitting bikini, no underwire needed.
- Underwire tends to cut in when weight is not distributed correctly in the bathing suit cups and can be painful for those who don’t need it there in the first place.
- KE’ALA bikinis are designed without underwire to alleviate the pain associated with underwire in your bikini tops.
The problem: The top keeps riding up, especially in the back
Why this happens: If you find yourself constantly pulling down your bathing suit top, this is a sure sign it’s not fitting correctly. One of the most common fit issues is when the band rides up in the back, and it’s usually an indicator that the underband is too loose. Whether it’s because of a stretched out band or simply a top that’s designed for a bigger bust, it can be a pain to feel like your bikini top isn’t fitting as well as it should. The best swimsuits for smaller busts are designed specifically to fit small frames with enough support to stay in place.
The KE’ALA BIKINIS fit: When you’re trying to find the perfect fitting bikini, KE’ALA BIKINIS knows what works for a smaller bust. Our tops are designed for total comfort and support, without riding up or feeling too loose. Many of our tops, like the Leila, the Riley, and the Piper, feature adjustable tie-back detailing, so you can tie your top as tight or as loose as you need for the perfect fit. The elastic underband of the Ava, and especially the wide elastic bust band of the Penelope, ensure a snug and secure fit and a top that won’t move around.
- If your bathing suit top does not fit correctly, this can result in the top riding up in the back, or the constant need to keep pulling down the top.
- This is caused when the underband is too loose, either due to ill-fitting design or a stretched out band.
- KE’ALA bikinis are designed to work with smaller busts, and many of our tops are adjustable to help keep this from happening!
The problem: The straps are too tight
Why this happens: If your bathing suit straps are too tight, this is a major indicator that it’s not fitting you as it should. After all, you’re meant to feel comfortable, not restricted. Your straps may be doing the work of the underband if it’s not providing enough support, or the straps may simply be too short for your frame. When trying to find the perfect fitting bikini, look for ones that feature adjustable straps and supportive bands to avoid discomfort and make sure it fits your frame exactly as it should.
The KE’ALA BIKINIS fit: KE’ALA BIKINIS are designed to provide optimal comfort and uplifting support, without added tugging. Our fabric is made up of 80% nylon and 20% spandex to enhance elasticity and comfort. Plus, with so many options for adjustable straps, our tops will give you a custom fit, making them as ever changing as they are flattering.
- If your bathing suit straps are too tight, this means they’re doing the work of the underband, or may simply be too short for your frame.
- Instead, look for tops with adjustable straps and a supportive underband to ensure a better fit.
- KE’ALA BIKINIS are designed with adjustable straps and our material is a blend of nylon and spandex to ensure a great fit with added elasticity and comfort.
The problem: The material is see through
Why this happens: There’s nothing worse than when you find the perfect fitting bikini, only to realize it’s completely see through. This is usually due to poorly-made fabrics, or from purchasing from a fast fashion brand that prioritizes cost savings over quality. Instead, the best swimsuits for smaller busts are built with quality fabrics that won’t show everything off.
The KE’ALA BIKINIS fit: All KE’ALA BIKINIS are made in the USA and Taiwan from top-quality materials designed to provide comfort and coverage. Made with premium four-way stretch lycra, our reversible tops are fully-lined, and are made to fit with enough coverage to keep you from worrying during wear. And for those who may want a little extra security, all of our suits include bra inserts upon request, so you can keep looking and feeling great while staying covered.
- Don’t let cheap or poorly-made materials land you in a see-through swimsuit.
- KE’ALA BIKINIS are designed with high-quality materials made to offer both comfort and coverage.
- Fully-lined tops and optional bra inserts upon request mean you’re always covered and secure.
The problem: The cups are gaping
Why this happens: One sure sign that your bathing suit isn’t fitting correctly is if the cups are gaping. Whether on the top or on the side, having space between the cups and your skin can be uncomfortable and unflattering. This often happens when the cups are too big or the straps are too loose. Instead, when trying to find the perfect fitting bikini, search for one with adjustable straps or smaller cups to ensure it’s fitted against your chest.
The KE’ALA BIKINIS fit: KE’ALA BIKINIS are designed specifically to flatter smaller busts, so you’ll never run into too-big-for-you cups when shopping our suits. Instead, all of our bikinis are designed for a close fit, with straps that fit just right (many of which are adjustable!). Plus, with bra inserts that can be added upon request, we’ve got you covered from gaping cups.
- If your bathing suit cups are gaping open, this is a key indicator that you’re not wearing a properly-fitting bikini, and either the cups are too big, or the straps are simply too loose.
- In order to find the best fit for your body, look for a top with adjustable straps or smaller cups to properly fit your frame.
- At KE’ALA BIKINIS, our suits are designed to fit small busts with a close fit, so you’re safe from gaping cups, and can wear our suits worry-free!
The problem: The center of the bikini doesn’t lay flat
Why this happens: A poor-fitting bikini top can ruin the perfect beach day. Instead of feeling confident, it can be frustrating to wonder why your top isn’t laying flat against your chest. This typically happens when the cups have underwire that isn’t the correct size for your chest or if the underband is too loose. When trying to find the perfect fitting bikini, your best bet is to choose one without underwire, or with an adjustable underband to ensure it fits exactly how you want it to.
The KE’ALA BIKINIS fit: You’ll never have to worry about ill-fitting underwire when shopping for KE’ALA BIKINIS. That’s because all of the styles we offer are underwire-free. Plus, with many of our styles featuring adjustable back detailing, you can tie the underband as loose or as tight as you need it.
- If your bikini isn’t laying flat against your body, this can indicate the underband is too loose, or the underwire isn’t the right size for your chest.
- Instead, opt for a design without underwire, or go for a design with an adjustable underband to ensure a better fit.
- All KE’ALA BIKINIS are designed to be underwire-free, so you’ll get a secure and more comfortable fit.
The problem: Shoulder/neck pain
Why this happens: Shoulder and neck pain are common problems bikini wearers encounter. But that doesn’t mean you should suffer! This can actually be something known as “Costoclavicular Syndrome” that happens when your bikini or bra straps are too tight, causing pain in the neck, shoulders, upper back, or arms. If you want to find the perfect fitting bikini without any pain to your upper extremities, look for one with adjustable straps and a proper-fitting underband and cups.
THE KE’ALA BIKINIS fit: At KE’ALA BIKINIS, we understand that a great fitting bathing suit shouldn’t cause you pain. You deserve to feel comfortable and confident in your bikini, and that’s why all our suits are designed to fit and flatter your body with a variety of tops with different straps and underband styles to make sure you look and feel great, pain-free.
- Shoulder and neck pain are common indicators that your bikini straps are too tight.
- To avoid upper-body pain when wearing your bikini, opt for a design with adjustable straps and better-fitting cups. The right fit is key to comfort.
- KE’ALA BIKINIS are designed in a variety of styles with different straps, adjustable options, and high-quality materials to ensure a secure fit that prioritizes comfort.
Don’t let your search for the best fitting bikini stress you out. At KE’ALA BIKINIS, we understand what it takes to achieve the right fit. That’s why each of our suits is designed with these common bikini fit problems in mind - to help YOU take the guesswork out of swimsuit shopping and ensure a great fit and feel all around.